Fragments of History v2

wcib2zp.png

You can call me a sentimental fool,
Or say that my heart is in the past.
But I know history is a powerful tool,
And this clan's history is a pain in the ass.

Despite being in Deathrow for the past 4 years - long after I accomplished my goals of putting NL in the ground, then putting PD in the ground for taking the ex-NL, and continuing to victimise the ex-NL/PD members for being fucking stupid fucking idiots - and with not much contact with present WG nor any real intentions of rejoining... I nonetheless find myself doing WG clan work. Mostly the same clan work I started in 2010 as Historian, which is to fully document the history of the Wilderness Guardians as best as possible. And that's mainly happening on the Wiki that Mojo and I started in 2019, but has remained largely unfinished since.

A few days ago, and completely out of nowhere, I had the sudden urge to finish it. And my plan was to do just that and then drop a link in discord and be like "HEY GUYS IT ONLY TOOK 5 YEARS BUT ITS FINALLY DONE" - but then after around a week of devoting a ridiculous amount of hours into research and writing (which includes negating most of my other hobbies and also skipping a few DR trips), I realise that there's a reason I've never gotten a wiki to a reasonable standard of completion before. To put it simply: there is a lot of stuff that's happened over the past twenty-one years, and researching all of it is neither quick, nor easy, nor simple.

So instead of waiting an impossibly long time to get there before I share any of my efforts, what I've decided to do is revive an old SMF forum topic from the late (not dead, just inactive) His Lordship - the Fragments of History. As I complete pages and sections, I'll share them here - because all humour and sarcasm aside, WG history is absolutely fascinating. No other clan has a story like WG does.

So if you happen to be interested - watch this topic. I'll update it periodicaly as things get done on the Wiki, and hopefully you'll be able to get a slightly better understanding of why, after fourteen years, I'm still obsessed with this clan. Either that, or you might actually learn something cool.

Wildguard - Established in 2003, united unto the end of time.

First post:

The AvidGamers History

We'll start things off with a history meta - the first ever historical record, as written by His Lordship circa 2004. I say that lightly though - it's highly fictionalised in Lordy's fantasy writing style, but it does cover the events of late 2003 and early 2004 - Lordy getting PKed while collecting runes, posting on Rune Village, The Sabres, the Federation, and celebrating the 100 member mark.

https://www.wildernessguardians.com/w/AvidGamers_History

Contents

2. Medals

Edited by Vio

rCTf3Lo.png

Medals

WG has a long history of individual member awards, and the first ones were handed out nearly 20 years ago.

Long before GuardianScore and even the old Hall of Fame, there were Medals. Flash creations by His Lordship that look *very* 2004, which I originally planned to add as just a footnote in a "history" section somewhere... until I found them. Well, 18 out of 20 known medals (sorry to Tequilajade and Terakaern, wherever you may be) hidden away in a folder on the website server, most of which haven't seen daylight since the S4 forum era. Well, their new home is on the Wiki.

https://www.wildernessguardians.com/w/Medals

Interestingly, @Flame Reece is still welcome to his February 2005 MotM award, and might possibly be the only member around who's entitled to the Veteran medal.

Edited by Vio

rCTf3Lo.png

11 hours ago, Vio said:

Medals

WG has a long history of individual member awards, and the first ones were handed out nearly 20 years ago.

Long before GuardianScore and even the old Hall of Fame, there were Medals. Flash creations by His Lordship that look *very* 2004, which I originally planned to add as just a footnote in a "history" section somewhere... until I found them. Well, 18 out of 20 known medals (sorry to Tequilajade and Terakaern, wherever you may be) hidden away in a folder on the website server, most of which haven't seen daylight since the S4 forum era. Well, their new home is on the Wiki.

Interestingly, @Flame Reece is still welcome to his February 2005 MotM award, and might possibly be the only member around who's entitled to the Veteran medal.

amazing :D love reading the old wiki

On 9/10/2024 at 5:52 PM, Vio said:

Medals

Peaked as a 14 year old in 2005.

Flame Reece - Most Likely to be WG in 2020 - Winter Fun Awards 2013

Flame_Reece_Medal.jpg

Awesome looking forward to this ! 

image.png.461ff85c64730c52bd8eb1a2b7a7e4fd.png